Reply To: Stop Press: AI researchers install a Right Hemisphere

• Don Salmon

April 9, 2023 at 12:49 pm

Hi Paul,

Yes, quite well today. Beautiful day in the Blue Ridge mountains!

I’m guessing our views are SO distant that we may have difficulty – at least initially – getting things clear.

I think I do get – sort of, at least – your interest in AI and language and what it can tell us about consciousness.

Let me try this – it may go nowhere, but hey….

The yogis say it’s possible to reach a state of consciousness which gives us “knowledge which, having attained, all is “known.” This doesn’t mean omniscient information but rather, knowing directly the consciousness that is the substance of the universe. It does include all sorts of what in Sanskrit are known as “Siddhis” – including telepathy, remote viewing, precognition, psychokinesis, the ability to understand any language – including the “language” of any animal (or plant!)

I’ll stop there. If that’s too crazy and woo and far out sounding, I’ll leave it alone for now. It just seems to me, one is likely to learn a lot more through such contemplative consciousness than through ordinary analytic (or even intuitive) thinking – that is, through ordinary LH or RH thought.

Ok, it’s official – Don’s certifiably nuts:>))