Reply To: General discussion

• Lucy Fleetwood

April 3, 2023 at 3:33 pm

This is really interesting, I am sitting with it and hope others will reply. I’m so aware that thoughts light up in my brain, and that I’ve finally reached a place where I don’t view them as ‘me’ or ‘truth’, for so much of my life I did. I sense that there is a new way of living, free from the LH dominating my life, re-remembering that we are much more, and yet as I reflect into language, I use my LH, it is only when I don’t reflect into language, that I remain in my RH, or so it seems.

I am a novice and new to all of this, so please do put me right, I don’t know, what I don’t know. I recently read, ‘Clara and the Sun’, such a clever book, I found myself identifying with the AI friend, it was so cleverly written to achieve this, I had to keep reminding myself that I am a human, and it got me thinking, the reason I was so easily taken into this response to the storyline, is because so much of my life I have had to live and respond from the LH, in order to function in our world, keeping the RH for when I am on my own – just being, or doing something creative, which is a more acceptable RH pastime compared to just ‘being’.

And so, the thought I am having is, if AI is operating in a way that mirrors our LH and lacks the RH, is that a cause for concern? It doesn’t seem to bode well when we operate solely from our LH.