Reply To: Hello! & a Question

• Cooper North

October 16, 2023 at 10:40 pm

Hi Christina,

You bring up an excellent point! I’d noticed the same thing – for both TMWT and TMAHE. That’s interesting that the same person created both pages… even more interesting than the “psuedo-neutral” tone, in my opinion. Makes one think, doesn’t it?

I’m intrigued by the praise-criticism ratio on both pages: it seems (at least to me) that the Wiki creator is grasping & searching for any criticism of Iain’s work, in an attempt to sow doubt in those approaching his ideas for the first time. Hence why much of the praise for both works is largely absent, and seemingly more is written under thecriticism” sections.

It relates to why I was surprised to see Robert M. Ellis’s critique featured there in the first place, given how (not to be rude, of course) obscure & minute of a thinker he is. He’s no Bernardo Kastrup or David Bentley Hart, is all I’m saying. I mean, to put him alongside the likes of Rowan Williams is just ridiculous, in my opinion.

I’d love to alert Iain to this. Maybe for the next Q&A? I’d submit the question myself, but I’ve already submitted one, & I don’t want to overload him. Would you consider submitting it, Christina?

Very best,

Cooper