Reply To: Hunter Gatherer Minds

• Clifford Jekel

March 30, 2024 at 6:23 pm

Thanks Don and Whit,

Don- I do not discount the eastern idea of the priority of consciousness (especially Divine) in the path of humanity. I am allergic to the rank materialistic bias in much that I read – though of course physical realities are not only effects but also causes. I have not been able read most of Bently-Hart’s work it is just over my head. But I find him accessible when interviewed. Hopefully he will do a book tour 😂

Whit- I think you are absolutely on point to emphasize the various paths. Interestingly that Ancient Greek method for memorizing a speech using loci might leverage the brain proximity of verbal and sequencing functions you referenced.

For my own case, I am trying to use lifestyle to hunter-gather myself by expanding my daily context landscape. I hope through this the “Master” will bring my emissary to heel. Some concrete steps include developing multiple small channels of income, including crafts, storytelling, music making and other things that I ignored low those 30 years (while I was trying to make enough money to put three kids through private school and college) is one thing. Developing more intentional exercise and liturgical practices is another.

All the best,

Cliff