Reply To: Conspiracy theory spread

• Don Salmon

December 8, 2023 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Whit, fascinating historical observations.

Daniel, just a reminder – I, and I imagine Whit, were perfectly content to leave this conversation, but you just restarted it. If you don’t want to talk to us, don’t.

Meanwhile to respond to your comment regarding our lack of understanding of any of Iain’s views, when I’ve spoken with him in those live Zooms, he’s always agreed with my overviews of his various theses.

Furthermore, before this channel was completely overhauled in September 2022, I had, for a few months, written numerous posts for the previous site which no longer exists, as far as I know.

Evidently, one of the administrators of the current site assessed my understanding of Iain’s work as excellent, and reached out to me to request that I post regularly here to encourage others to post.

Finally, with regard to capitalism, a few observations. Iain considers unregulated capitalism to represent pure and profoundly unbalanced left hemisphere thinking. To allow market forces, which see value only in what can be “objectively” measured is something that not only is purely LH, but in more traditional Christian language would be considered demonic.

To connect this with Whit’s observations regarding Trump’s cult followers, remember that the Southern Baptists were formed in the early 1850s (or was it 1849; I don’t recall precisely) specifically with the intent of promoting white Europeans as the supreme Christians, and black Americans as fundamentally inferior. This dualism is also very LH, and relates to the predominantly categorical thought and the kind of dominator hierarchy (as well as typically LH paranoid style of thinking) that is widespread among Trump’s supporters.

You though we were being insulting when we pointed out paranoid elements of your letters, but there are actually passages toward the end of “The Master and His Emissary” that describe with remarkable accuracy the kinds of statements you’ve made.

So once again, if you hadn’t written, I would not be writing this. If you would like this to stop, don’t write.