Reply To: Conspiracy theory spread

• Don Salmon

November 27, 2023 at 8:41 pm

Hi Daniel:

I just looked over all my comments, and though I indirectly referred to Whit’s comments, the only specific issue I wrote at any length about is climate change.

Do you know up until 2007, it was impossible to tell, simply by someone’s belief about human-caused climate change, whether they were Right or Left, conservative or liberal?

So if you could be more specific – tell me in a clear, detailed way how my comment that in my view, having been trained as a research scientist and examined numerous studies on climate change, is a reflection of a particular hemispheric or political bias?

Now that a majority of conservative politicians accept human caused climate change, how would my agreement with them reflect some sort of political bias?

I’ve noticed an increasing number of conservative politicians stating they are in full agreement with the science now – but they contest the “Left’s” emphasis on government intervention as contrasted with market approaches. I didn’t say anything about what I thought should be done in regard to this now universal agreement that human caused climate change is a problem, so I don’t quite see how you glean some kind of bias when as far as I can see, Right and Left, conservative and liberal, are in full agreement with the point I made about people who in the past have denied humans contribute to climate change.