Reply To: 1st Fridays of the Month

• Christina Florkowski

May 4, 2024 at 11:28 pm

Yes, thank you @manuela @bobeng @forest @shannon @pbarus.

As I mentioned, McGilchrist’s statement (here is what was said at the Conference on Iain’s work at CIIS) “if we could just get a small percentage, perhaps only 3% or 5% of the population, really to see what I’m getting at about the difference between this fragmented, pointless cosmos of random movements of pieces that have no meaning, no direction, and no beauty, no goodness, no truth. If we could get away from that in only a small fraction of the population, I think a lot of things would change.

Hearing that, I find myself facing the question: what would it mean to “really get” what Iain is getting at? It is wonderful to encounter these ideas and have a sense that inner thoughts and feelings are affirmed.

At the same time, I am certain that doesn’t go far enough to meet the need of this threshold McGilchrist speaks of. I say that because I can (sometimes) see where I’ve bought into the madness. (Ideological arrogance is one that I sometimes recognize.)

If there is already a topic here where this is being discussed, please provide a pointer.

#3%