Reply To: Hello! I’m happy to be here

• Andrei Micu

July 18, 2023 at 6:43 pm

Hello Mike,

I’m well these days, thank you for asking! Things have sorted out and I can put more time into what matters more for me.

I’m happy to hear that you look at Krishnamurti with a fresh perspective. It happens to me as well, to come back to previously-heard teachings and learn new things from them. It’s not as much learning as it is gaining new pointers for my attention to focus on.

I appreciate the quotes you shared with me. I didn’t know of Henry Miller before today. There’s much truth in what he says. His seeking of hidden meaning is, I hope, a relaxation. It makes sense if it signifies the use of the right brain, to use Iain’s terms.

You will see that I rarely put snippets in my comments. It’s because I feel that, in my case, I usually cling to the words. I feel a lot better writing from my current understanding, and as simple as I can. When I try to write something, if I feel my stomach contracting, I stop. I know it will sound like a false violin. I feel when I write genuinely.

What I think Miller was suffering from, at the moment of writing that in the quote, was a projection of his consciousness into a role of permanent seeker. You’ll find this in Krishnamurti’s teachings as well, but it’s best to meditate this on your own. See what the nature of permanent seeking is, see what the nature of not seeking is. Compare the two and see in which one you feel true content, ease, happiness.

Enjoy!