Reply To: Hello! I’m happy to be here

• Andrei Micu

July 13, 2023 at 6:50 pm

Hello Lucy,

Thank you for the kind welcome! This conversation expanded a lot, indeed, and I’m happy that I get to discuss so many things, and to discover new interesting movements.

My introduction into Buddhism was through Thich Nhat Hanh’s teachings, a year and a half ago. I like to call him as his close friends do: Thay. From him I learned the practice of coming back home, and growing the noble seeds. The techniques I learned from him are similar to what you described, starting with breathing and going step by step with my attention to other aspects of my living, in a mindful way. It was a good start for me and the practice has helped me go through some tough times in that period, having a dear person leaving my life. I sometimes think that the practices may have kept me away from falling into vices.

I don’t have the best words to describe it, but at some point all these practices merged into one, which is my commitment to be always meditating (conscious of my mind, my body, and my surroundings). I never left this state since I committed to it, around a year ago. I don’t think I ever will.

Have you ever adventured into spontaneous, personal ways of meditation?