Reply To: Hello! I’m happy to be here

• Andrei Micu

July 3, 2023 at 1:09 pm

Hello Mike! I’m happy to meet you! You look like you have a path from which I can easily learn. I appreciate every suggestion you gave me, through what you offered me here.

20 years of software experience, wow, that’s twice as much as mine! I can imagine you had your own share of corporate conditioning and mental/social constructions flowing around you. I’m curious, what is Kamo? I never heard of this name.

I never heard of Easwaran before either, and I find his words very interesting. I think he refers to people retreating to meditate forever? Being in the world is, I think, the highest level of meditation. I think he means this as well. There’s also one sentence that caught my eye: “We are not cabin-dwellers, born to a life cramped and confined”. Do you think he talks about mental confinement or physical confinement (or both)?

Accepting uncertainty has been hard and I still struggle from time to time, instead of relaxing. I admit I’m still having trouble with accepting certain things, like the uncertainty of what I superficially think as my life success, in some moments when I forget the whole.

Many thanks for your pointers! I accept as much as I can the truth that I will not know it all, at any time. I will look for inspiration from the renaissance man in the following days, and if you have any materials for me to read or listen, I’d very much appreciate them.