Reply To: Hello! I’m happy to be here

• Andrei Micu

July 2, 2023 at 6:55 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, Don!

It’s a great interest you have! I’m also practicing day by day, every split of a second. The word “practicing” doesn’t sound to me very accurate anymore, I feel. To use some of Iain’s vocabulary, I’d say that I use my right side of the brain as much as possible, together with the left one, without having a technique.

I am pleasantly surprised to find a person like you, embodying the timeless teachings of practice.

I’ve seen Les Fehmi on YouTube a couple of times, he is popular indeed. I haven’t seen Culadasa before though, I’ve watched a video on his website now. I think I have to watch more.

In my spiritual path I’ve tried several practices, but ultimately found just one that I happily committed to, for the rest of my life. Initially I was introduced to Eckhart Tolle’s teachings by a close person, then I began studying myself. I also listened to the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, Michael A Singer, Rupert Spira and Jiddu Krishnamurti. The person that convinced me to commit to a practice was Michael A Singer, who stated it plain and simple: from the moment you wake up, to the moment you fall asleep, you watch yourself and the world around you (paraphrased). After I heard this (one and a half years ago), I started to watch, and I never felt stopping, nor I think I ever will.

I explain it very simply, it’s much more than this. It’s funny because I don’t feel like listening to Michael’s teachings anymore, but the practice stuck to me, or better said, the practice is me. I listen to Rupert and JK from time to time now, but I mostly learn about the world on my own, experientially.