Reply To: Daniel Dennet's claim that consciousness is an illusion

• sjahari hollands

May 9, 2023 at 2:45 am

Rodney, I found your posting above quite fascinating and profound as a way of being.

Maybe this should be a seperate discussion topic, but I am interested in how all the ideas being presented here dovetail with the ideas coming out of the Jungian field and in particular the phenomenon of synchronicity as explored by Harald Atmanspacher.

He is a well respected physicist and also writes about panentheism which Iain also subscribes to. His term for this is Neutral Monism.

The core idea there is that the physical world and the psychic world are both made of the same stuff. They are simply two different manifestations of that stuff. And since they are made of the same stuff they can actually influence each other.

Archetypes exist in this psychic realm. And it is interesting that they are actually being identified now as real entities by neurobiologists, both in our brains, and also at the cellular level.

It is these archetypes that create synchronistic events. They do it because they can do it. And I guess occasionally they do it for a purpose.

Maybe I should post this as a seperate discussion? I think it is very closely related to the ideas being explored through Iain’s work.