Reply To: WHY ARE THINGS SO OUT OF BALANCE?

• Rodney Marsh

May 4, 2023 at 1:39 am

You don’t have to take Neitzsche’s (Mike Tyson’s) side,Sjahari. There is one power that the RH has the LH does not know. It is the power of love to include evil (as McG suggests) and keep on including evil until the power of evil becomes emptiness, nothingness.

The LH knows nothing of a consciousness that has no power, no concepts – that’s why no individual ‘self’ (including you Sjahari) will always be met with silence, darkness, emptiness when trying to find out what the RH thinks, or exercise power over the RH. So, all Wisdom traditions insist on the “death” of the conscious ego self before there can be ‘nirvana’, enlightenment’, ‘salvation’ etc.

The RH has the power of life (holding up the sky) of which the LH know and can know nothing -the power of weakness (love). This is a Christian vision of evil. J K Rowling has captured the way the weakness of Potter, the self-sacrifice of Snape and Dumbledore in the destruction of the power of Voldemort. On the other hand, you could choose to confront power with power…. so Xi/Putin/Trump show the way ahead (not for me!). Or you could choose the (over) confidence of a Yuval Noah Harari (‘Sapiens’) and trust our ‘humanity’ to continue to supress the approaching four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Famine, Disease, War and Death). Though we continue to need all the science and technology humanity has gathered to this point, but Harari was too quick it seems to assess that this would be used for good not evil. You choose – only still the ravings of your LH before you choose.

Personally, I take comfort from Julian of Norwich who “….wondered why, by the great foreseeing wisdom of God, the onset of sin was not prevented: for then, I thought, all should have been well.” In a ‘without time/all time’ vision (see ch 22 Matter) she realised the worst has already happened (in the death of Christ) and was complete. So God … “answered with these words and said: ‘It was necessary that there should be sin; but all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.'” It seems truer to me that ‘love lasts forever’ and ‘love is the greatest’ so ‘let love be your guide’ (St Paul 1 Cor 13,14).