Reply To: Hello everyone

• Paul

March 29, 2023 at 10:40 am

Hi Lucy,

Yes, I’ve spent some time reading and posting on some threads here. It tends to be a bit quiet and I think that means that, sadly, some conversations die out but there seems to be a growing membership so I hope this means more sharing and collective wondering.

I’m more interested in philosophy and psychology than I am neurology but I try to pitch in where I have thoughts.

I’ve just started my own thread on the widespread emergence of language AI, which is perhaps not a popular subject for people here in general. At worst, this is somewhere I can jot down a few thoughts as they occur to me as I am reading and listening to ideas, especially Iain’s conversations with Alex Gomez-Marin on YouTube which I find utterly spellbinding and inspirational. I have quickly come to feel that not only is the emergence of language AI inevitable but also an evolution of this critical but virtual dimension of human existence. That is is also going to be an upheaval and possibly even a dangerous one, it is something I think we all need to engage with and find the very best in it because the genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

Thanks for saying hello Lucy. All the best.