Reply To: Feedback on your experience of the new website

• Mary Attwood

October 21, 2022 at 9:02 am

Thank you Mark and everybody for your feedback. As a newly launched discussion forum this will take a little while to populate and get used to, plus it seems a very small percentage of members are using the discussion forum.

At this stage, the layout of the replies and feed from people writing is working fine. You should be notified of responses if you click the box below “Notify me of replies via email”. I have checked it and it works for me so if it isn’t working for you, please let me know.

Regarding the slowness of the site, we are aware of this and the tech team are looking at improving this, so it is in the pipeline.

Anybody can start up a discussion thread or group and invite other members to it to engage with them. We will take a look at the groups every couple of months to see what is working and what isn’t and tidy them up. We won’t be looking at getting yet another platform for the discussion forum as this one needs to flourish fully first so we need to give it time to see how things develop.

As guests come and do talks with Iain they are being invited into the forums too to discuss any thoughts and ideas so again, this is something in its fledging stages and will develop over time.

Do please keep the feedback coming!

Many thanks